When Accidents Happen, You Need An Attorney You Can Trust
Personal injury law seeks justice for an injured person when the fault of another causes injury or death. The law attempts to put the injured party in the position they would have been in if the accident had not happened, by paying the wronged person, money damages. Justice and fairness require that the wrongdoer should pay for the damages, rather than the person who is injured. Berg & Berg has been helping clients throughout Illinois for almost 30 years.
Experience In Many Different Accidents
Our attorneys have significant trial and litigation experience and possess the skills and resources to handle even the most complex personal injury and wrongful death cases in Chicago. Berg & Berg has successfully represented clients in claims alleging many types of negligence, including:
- Auto accidents, which are unfortunately very common
- Truck accidents, including 18-wheelers
- Pedestrian accidents, which include slip-and-fall accidents and accidents involving buses or other vehicles
- Professional negligence, including medical malpractice
- Construction accidents, such as fighting for workers’ compensation
- Motorcycle accidents, which can cause catastrophic injuries
- Boating accidents, including dealing with necessary parties
- Product liability cases, when a product causes injury
Personal injury law not only compensates the injured person, but also makes society a safer place for everyone by making the wrongdoer take responsibility for their actions. While insurance companies typically insure businesses and people for negligence, the costs of lawsuits and paying damages encourage insurance companies, businesses, lawmakers, manufacturers, and even individuals to be more careful and to think of new innovations and ways to make society safer. Ultimately, avoiding accidents saves the economy billions of dollars in lost wages and medical bills.